When you’ve lost a loved one, the inevitable legal matters can seem difficult and confusing. But in most cases, probate involves little more than routine paperwork to transfer assets to family members and other beneficiaries.
How to Probate an Estate in California explains, step-by-step, how to wrap up a basic estate. Whether you do it yourself or work with a lawyer, you’ll save money and time.
Find out how to:
- read and understand a will or trust
- determine who inherits if there is no will
- pay bills and taxes
- complete and file all necessary court paperwork
- collect life insurance and other death benefits
- transfer real estate, securities, vehicles, and other assets to heirs and beneficiaries
- transfer some assets without probate
The completely updated 23rd edition provides the latest laws, tax information, forms, and court procedures.
Check out Nolo’s products created just for California residents.